SPA – Core and Petrol Retail
Who should attend?
To build on the basic health and safety information of the Core Day programme by concentrating on risks specifically found with working on a Petrol Filling Station.
To allow delegates to recognise hazards, utilise control measures and safe working practices and maintain a safe working environment.
On completion of the course delegates will:
- Demonstrate their understanding of the subjects by successfully completing each module assessment paper
- Appreciate how they personally can influence good standards of health safety & environment
- Understand the value of risk assessment and have the knowledge to recognise when changes to a generic assessment are required
- Understand the common hazards associated with working in this sector.
MODULE 1 – Hazards on a Petrol Filling Station
- Types of hazards
- Fuel hazards
- Fuel properties
- Restricted areas on a petrol forecourt
- Hazardous areas
- Zone classification
- Delivery hazards
- Vapour recovery
- Customer hazards
- Other hazards
- Contractor hazards
MODULE 2: Controlling Work on a Forecourt
- Safety method statements
- Clearance certificates
- Permits to work
- Task classification
£150 + VAT