Apprentice Carpet Fitter
Humber Recruitment is looking for an apprentice floor fitter to work for our prestigious client, who are an established, family run, home furnishings and flooring business based in Grimsby.
No experience is required as the successful candidate will receive full training. A passion for delivering excellent quality work and a desire to learn new skills as well as developing a trade are essential. Other desirable skills and qualities include:
- Well mannered, presentable and trustworthy with good communication skills when speaking with customers
· A keen interest in the flooring sector, enjoy practical work and have strong practical skills
· Punctual, reliable, enthusiastic and eager to learn
- A flexible attitude in relation to working hours (the working day will finish when the job is complete)
- Take pride in your work and have a keen attention for detail, producing work to a high standard
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly reputable and established company where the work is varied with opportunities to develop and progress.
The role of a floor fitter varies from day-to-day although some of the tasks you will be expected to assist with and become competent in are:
- Measuring floor spaces and estimating the materials required
- Uplifting old flooring
- Cleaning and levelling sub floors
- Installing underlays for a range of floorcoverings
- Installing a range of floorcoverings including carpet, vinyl, laminate and luxury vinyl tiles
- Moving furniture as well as trimming and re-hanging doors
- Cleaning and disposing of waste materials
- Working within the warehouse checking, measuring and cutting materials in preparation for use
The work is physically demanding and will require a certain level of fitness as heavy lifting will be required. This is a full-time role, 40 hours a week between 8:30am and 17:00pm Monday to Friday depending on customer needs and availability. Availability to work during weekends may be required from time to time.
The starting salary will be based on National Minimum Wage and will be subject to regular review depending on your progress and rate of learning new skills. Significant earnings and company vehicle can be achieved once fully trained.
GCSE grades 4 and above in English and Maths are preferable.