Auto Plant Piping Designer
Full time, permanent
Humber Recruitment are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of a well respected local engineering company for a Auto Plant Piping Engineer.
The Auto Plant Piping Designer will take ownership and responsibility for the planning and design of pipework systems. You will play a pivotal role in the development of our design department and have a positive impact on the manufacture of our high-quality engineered solutions. You will use innovative design methods to create the best design solutions for manufacture, using your existing knowledge and experience to continuously look for and suggest ways to improve workflows.
We are looking for:
· A natural problem solver with a piping / engineering background.
· Strong experience with Autodesk Auto Plant in an engineering, Process or manufacturing environment.
· Produce new and update existing detailed Piping design documentation;
Typically – P&IDs and Isometric drawings using Auto Plant
· Comply with both national and site standards
· Carry out site surveys
· Carry out Site Reviews of 3rd party design drawings for constructability
· Comply with company and site procedures;
Typically – Engineering design, project control, documentation control, procurement, verification
· Support other activities;
Typically – Site Supervision, estimating, commissioning, hand-over, procurement.
· Contribute to team(s) to support continual improvement.
· Work independently, using own initiative.
· Conduct necessary fieldwork walk downs of current systems, locate tie-ins and site measure.
· Complete isometric drawings and piping layouts as needed using Auto Plant.
· Develop preliminary ‘Bills of Materials’ with respect to piping design.
· Discuss all pertinent problems with the relevant stakeholders encountered during design stage.
· Identify, evaluate, and resolve problems.
· Coordinate and track off-site fabrication work and feedback key priorities with the relevant site personnel.
· Perform constructability reviews between site and off-site to determine position of site welds as required.
Key Skills Required:
· ONC / HNC or equivalent in Piping/Mechanical Engineering discipline.
· Minimum of 5 years Auto Plant experience ideally within a similar field.
· Relevant ASME, API and British/ISO Standards for system components such as piping, fittings, flanges, and valves.
· Experience using AutoCad.
· Experience using Microsoft office packages.
· Excellent knowledge of piping systems and installation processes and techniques.
· Familiarity with the design approval process and the issue of production drawings to ensure the best manufacturing and installation processes are used.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· A strong team-player with a drive to succeed.
· Flexible working attitude.
· Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise work.
· Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
· High standard of accuracy and quality.
Beneficial but not essential
· Autodesk Navisworks
· P&ID Auto Plant to Revit Workflow
· BIM Workflows