Dependent on experience
Full time, permanent
Humber Recruitment are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of a well respected local engineering company for a Design Engineer.
1. Communicate effectively with managers, engineers and clients to ensure design brief is compliant.
2. Communicate effectively the design progress and results to senior management when requested.
3. Working closely with designers and offer design support where necessary.
4. Have the ability to complete the design scope for each project from pipe installations, machinery, productions lines configuration, manufacture installs.
5. Must be able to multi-task and work on various projects at the same time.
6. Must be able to problem solve, creating innovate designs, drafts and sketches.
7. Ensure company’s quality systems are adopted and maintained both internally and externally, design risk assessment, EN1090 Compliance, British Standards are applied etc.
8. Be able to update P&ID’S, prepare isometric pipework drawings and prepare manufacture drawings for platforms, chutes, ductwork, conveyors and other bespoke items
9. Some travel would be required to visit the project site so an element of client facing
10. To draw up General Arrangements and Specifications for projects, using computer assisted engineering and design software in an accurate and timely manner and be able to explain design ideas clearly.
11. Ensure the professional representation of the Company when liaising with customers and suppliers.
12. To adhere and support Company and legal requirements with regard to health, safety and environmental systems, processes and procedures and to ensure that all team members are fully trained.
13. To consciously create a workplace culture that supports the Company’s vision, mission statement and core values. Lead designs and manage teams where necessary.
14. Liaise and regularly communicate with other departments.
15. Other duties as assigned.
In return the successful candidate will be rewarded with an attractive salary package and long-term career prospects.
To be successful you must have/be all of the following:
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive data
- Ability to work flexibly
- Good IT skills
- Be able to communicate in a way which is appropriate to the audience and context
- AutoCAD 2D/3D / Solidworks experience
- Qualified to minimum of HNC level in engineering
- A minimum of five years’ experience in design within the process industry
- Experience in the layout, design and detailing required to bring a variety of projects from small to large scale process plant from fruition to completion. Some of the aspects of engineering design covered in this project will be…
o Production and maintenance of PID documents (AutoCAD)
o Production and maintenance of all project related documentation consisting of equipment, line, valve, instrument lists etc in Word or Excel.
o Production and development of process plant layouts and\or 3D models.
o Production of overall and local area plant layouts, equipment general arrangements, piping plans etc.
o Tank and Vessel layout and detailing.
o Production of piping isometrics, supports, pump stands etc.
o Design and detail of intermediate internal structures.
o Site visits for collection and collation of site measured data.