Liaising with customers
Establishing customer requirements and transferring the information via a job card out lining the process flow required to the shop floor for manufacture via the planning and production manager and in their absence to the Charge hands.
Quoting for Work
Produce quotations for customers’ requirements from drawings, samples and descriptions
Ensure that the quotation contains an adequate level of information consisting of a clear description of what is going to be supplied and if applicable what is excluded, what may be charged as extra etc.
· Agreeing time scales and hours with the production / planning manager and charge hands for work under your control.
· Following Company procedures and Management initiatives to minimise risk to the business by
o Obtaining order numbers from Customers
o Ensure paperwork and procedures are up to date.
o Ensure all relevant Health & Safety documentation is completed and submitted to the relevant people
· Follow up on quotations to Customers using Epicor “open quotes” as a guide
· Liaising with suppliers –
o Obtain quotations from suppliers for any materials / sub contracted elements required to carry out customers work, providing purchase order numbers for materials and services.
· Maintaining responsibility for each job as required until payment is received.
· Pricing of jobs under your control, maximising profitability and limiting losses wherever possible
· Assisting in the development of Epicor by being receptive to the changing environment.
· Working flexibly with other team members to ensure cover in times of absence / holidays.
· Participating in Project teams for large jobs.
· Maintaining high personal standards to ensure that company expectations are met
· Sharing workloads and teamwork.
· Assisting and supporting other sector teams and other divisions as required.
· Participating in the company call out rota ensuring the needs of customers and the company are met by working to the best of your ability with the resources that are available.
· Managing the workshop as the ‘Senior Manager’ out of hours when on call.
· Communicating effectively across the whole business as required.
· Carrying out any other reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
· Apprentice trained (e.g. tool maker, fabricator/welder, machinist, rotating equipment, mechanical fitting)
· Workshop experience and (site work discipline dependent)
· Previous estimation/quotation/tender process
· Project management experience
Reference ID: Pro003
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00 to £40,000.00 /year