Solidworks Design Engineer
Dependent on experience
Full time, permanent
Humber Recruitment are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of a well respected local engineering company for a Mechanical Solidworks Design Lead.
Our client is looking to recruit an experienced Solidworks Design Lead with experience working within the mechanical design sector. As a Mechanical Solidworks Design Lead, you will play a pivotal role in the development of our design department and have a positive impact on the manufacture of our high-quality engineered solutions. You will use innovative design methods to create the best design solutions for manufacture, using your existing knowledge and experience to continuously look for and suggest ways to improve workflows.
We are looking for:
· A natural problem solver with an engineering / technical background.
· Strong experience with Solidworks in an engineering, Process or manufacturing environment.
· Using Solidworks to create concept models, virtual prototypes, working models for fabrication and finally to produce technical detailed drawings.
· Work with Project Managers to ensure deadlines are met and designs are produced efficiently.
· Liaise with the fabrication and installation teams to ensure technical queries are resolved and designs are completed to specification as per design intent.
· Produce detailed requisition lists for procurement.
· Contribute to team(s) to support continual improvement.
· Work independently, using own initiative.
· Discuss all pertinent problems with the relevant stakeholders encountered during design stage.
· Identify, evaluate, and resolve problems.
· Coordinate and track off-site fabrication work and feedback key priorities with the relevant site personnel.
· Perform constructability reviews between site and off-site to determine best solutions.
Key Skills Required:
· Minimum of 5 years SolidWorks experience ideally within a similar field.
· Experience using Microsoft office packages.
· Excellent knowledge of steel fabrication and installation processes and techniques.
· Familiarity with the design approval process and the issue of production drawings to ensure the best manufacturing and installation processes are utilised.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· A strong team-player with a drive to succeed.
· Flexible working attitude.
· Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise work.
· Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
· High standard of accuracy and quality.
Beneficial but not essential
· Knowledge of Laser Cutting CNC processes.
· Knowledge of sheet metal CNC Bending processes.
· Autodesk Navisworks
· BIM Workflows