Technical Asset Manager
We are looking to find a brilliant, team-focused Technical Asset Manager with a passion for the low carbon sector to join our client and help ensure the smooth operation and reporting for a growing portfolio of embedded renewable energy and EV car charging assets.
Asset Management experience within the Solar PV industry is required, EV experience would be advantageous, ideally within the Commercial & Industrial sector. An Electrical Engineering qualification would help, but what we really need are people who can identify, assess and efficiently solve technical issues on operating Solar PV and EV installations.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
Operational Management of generating installations
- Reporting directly to the Director of Asset Management.
- Overseeing the operation of a portfolio of Commercial & Industrial (C&I) Solar PV and EV installations.
- Performance and financial reporting.
- Identifying and interpreting system faults through monitoring portals.
- Managing planned and reactive maintenance (internal engineers and contractors).
- Assessing labour-materials requirements, sourcing pricing, liaising with suppliers/contractors.
- Liaising with site, instructing engineer/contractor to produce RAMS, reviewing RAMS, seeking approval, scheduling works.
- Informing engineer/contractor of known issues to investigate.
- Providing remote technical support to Electrical engineers on site.
- Maintaining existing records and reporting tools, assisting in continuously developing these.
- Managing equipment warranty claims.
- Collecting and regularly updating reporting data.
- Reporting to clients on Assets’ technical and financial performance.
- Responding to client queries and attend client meetings, discussing their assets.
- Liaising with DNOs on any network related processes or queries.
- Organising setup for export payments with Energy Suppliers and MOPs.
- Liaising with Ofgem and FIT Licensees on transfers of contract and any account queries.
In-house technical expertise
- Technical evaluation of project execution supporting the handover from the Projects team.
- Keeping abreast with latest electrical generation and grid compliance requirements.
- Organising Power Purchase Agreements.
- Supporting the team with technical evaluation for consultancy or construction projects.
- As required, support business needs for technical due diligence requests.
- Proactive assistance on continuous development and improvement of company’s processes.
- Day-to-day relationship with clients
- Quarterly reporting (financial and operational) to all clients
- Responding to ad hoc queries
The job will be mainly office based but you will be out and about on sites on occasion and as required. A full driving licence will be required.
- Must have at least an undergraduate degree in a relevant subject such as Electrical engineering, Renewable energy technologies or Engineering.
- Project or Asset Management experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience specialising, ideally, in the electrical design, installation and management of Solar Photovoltaics PV systems in the UK.
- Strong communicator able to liaise with clients/suppliers/engineers.
- Understanding of general commercial business processes and procedures desirable.
- Prior experience in contracts management and/or health and safety legislation and requirements highly desirable.
- Solid working knowledge of monitoring and asset management software platforms.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, especially Excel.
- Strong written skills.
- Ability to work within the UK immediately.
- Full UK driving license.
- Competitive salary offered depending on relevant experience.
- 5% matched contribution towards pension scheme.
- 25 days holiday in addition to public holidays.