At Humber Resource Training we employ the best people to look after every client. Our trainers are highly skilled and have a vast amount of experience…
As you’d expect with a background that includes 24 years in the military, I have a bit of a reputation for great time management skills not to mention the ability to remain level headed under pressure.
I also have several years’ experience in environmental protection for the local authority where I worked with the chemical and construction industry, followed by further career moves within the safety field. As a result I’ve been told I have an almost encyclopaedic knowledge of health and safety!
So how did I get into resource training? Well, obviously my military background played a massive part in my people management and communication skills – and along the way I also discovered a passion for teaching, for passing on my knowledge and experience to others, because I believe that there’s nothing more important than looking after people’s health, welfare and safety.
But if you assume that my military background makes me a kind of Sergeant Major figure when it comes to training you’d be wrong; I prefer to train in a relaxed and calm environment, and believe that making people feel at ease is paramount when it comes to getting the message across.
Outside work I’m pretty busy, too. I love rugby union. I also do voluntary work with the charity Combat Stress which helps service personnel to overcome PTSD, plus I help to organise local events with an Armed Forces planning team. All of this in between work commitments, of course, and being a very active grandad!
- Institution of Occupational Safety and Health
- Tech IOSH Status
- Abrasive Wheels Training Course
- Confined Space Training Course
- Working at Heights Training Course
- NEBOSH – Level 3 in Construction
- CIEH Level 3 Award in Education and Training (EAT)
- NPORS Slinging and Rigging
- City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Process Technology
- ECITB/CCNSG National Safety Passport
- ECITB/CCNSG Leading a Team Safely
- IOSH Working Safely
- Level 2 Emergency First Aid at Work
- SPA Core and Food and Drink Passport
- Fork Lift Driver Licence Holder – Counter Balance – current
- NCFE Certificate in Event Stewarding
- ILM qualified
- HSE Approved Radiation Protection Supervisor
- HSE Approved First Aid at Work Trained – current
- BTEC Award Level 2 in Conflict Management
- IEMA Environmental Management qualified
- NEBOSH – Level 3 Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety Level 3
- Experienced Advanced Training Instructor in Military Skills