Who should attend?
The IOSH Managing Safely course is primarily designed for managers with responsibility for people or processes. It is relevant to managers and supervisors at any level who require a basic but broad understanding of current health and safety requirements and principles.
By the end of the course, delegates will have acquired capabilities to:
- recognise safety and health hazards and assess risks in the workplace
- apply key health and safety controls
- ensure that adequate health and safety training and supervision of staff is provided
- identify what actions should be taken when incidents involving injury or damage occur
- communicate effectively on safety and health issues
- the law on health and safety at work
- the costs of accidents
- how losses occur
- safety management models and risk management
- the nature of commonly encountered hazards
- human factors affecting safety performance
- accident causation and investigation
- recognition and control of workplace hazards
- effective communication
- specialised hazards
Each delegate will be required to undertake a short multiple-choice paper and a workplace-based written assignment. On successful completion of the IOSH Managing Safely course and the assessed work, candidates will receive an IOSH accredited certificate.
£350.00 +VAT Per Person