Providing those employed at managerial status with the necessary knowledge and skills required to ensure healthy and safe conditions for a construction workforce. Delegates who attend and fully complete this course will be qualified for up to five years and will be able to safely manage those in the industry while keeping everything in top form for clients’ needs.
Includes a thorough understanding of the following processes and procedures:
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations
- Risk assessments/method statements
- Recent changes in accepted working practices
- Behavioural safety
- Management of occupational health
- Principles of manual handling, PPE and first aid
- Working at height
- Confined Spaces
Delegates will be continually assessed throughout the five-day course and will be expected to interact with others through class discussions, through group or individual presentations and group work, with full attendance mandatory. You will also be required to undertake self-study over the course period through external means. The course culminates in a multiple-choice exam.
5 Days – can be delivered over a week or by day release.
Every 5 years with a refresher course.