This Site Safety Plus course is a refresher of our full Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course.
Taking this course renews your SMSTS certificate. It updates your knowledge of your responsibilities for site safety, health, welfare and the environment.
You must complete this refresher before your certificate expires or you will need to re-take the full course.
- The current focus of the Health and Safety Executive’s attention
- Risk assessment and method statements
- Construction Site Health, Safety and Welfare
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR)
- Behavioural safety
- Occupational health
- Overview and changes to the current legislation affecting construction
The cost also includes publications, registration, certification, lunch and refreshments.
Teaching and assessment
This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations.
- Continuous assessment. You need to attend the full days – see the Site Safety Plus attendance requirements.
- Multiple-choice test.
Qualifications you gain
- CITB Site Safety Plus certificate.
- A valid SMSTS certificate gained in the last five years. You must take this course before your certificate expires.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- You will need to provide a valid ID on the first day of the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence.
Every 5 years with this refresher course.
£280+VAT per person
(includes all books, lunch and subsequent refreshments).