Having experienced significant growth over the last few years, our client is now recruiting for a HSEQ Manager to support them in the continued growth plans over the coming years.
As the SHEQ Manager you will report to the Managing Director, and will lead and mentor the business in all aspects of Health, Enivornmental and Quality Assurance functions.
Core requirements and role objectives:
- Provide HSEQ support across the business.
- Ability to develop HSEQ strategy.
- Must be a self-started, able to multi-task and work on various projects at the same time.
- Ensure Company’s quality systems are adopted and maintained both internally and externally.
- Presents regular updates and information to other department heads, including reports on safety, quality and environmental performance.
- Promote a safety first culture, ensuring relevant laws and policies are adhered to. Promoting the awareness of HSEQ issues and activities across the projects. Engage, promote and educate on HSEQ matters within the business.
- Undertake safety inspections / checks and report on findings.
- Organisation of investigations into incidents and accidents and the reporting of conclusions and plans to implement corrective action as necessary.
- Responsibility for maintaining the company accreditations. Including monitoring and reporting activities in accordance with the relevant standard and trade bodies.
- Utilising our Improvement Register to comply with our continuous improvement strategy.
- Liaise with customers, suppliers and site teams in order to develop a reliable and cohesive supply chain with a view of reducing risk and improving the business services.
- The professional representation of the Company when liaising with customers and suppliers.
- Quality management working within existing and quality systems and guidelines ensuring that work methods and standards are followed and met. The strict use of any required documentation within these systems.
- To adhere and support Company and legal requirements with regard to health, safety and environmental systems, processes and procedures and to ensure that all team members are fully trained.
- To consciously create a workplace culture that supports the Company’s vision, mission statement and core values.
- Liaise and regularly communicate with other departments.
- You will be required to carry out additional duties or different tasks from time to time as per the needs of the business and in order to work as a successful team.
Essential skills and Qualifications:
- Proven HSEQ management experience
- NEBOSH diploma preferred, or a minimum NEBOSH General or Construction Certificate
- Experience in managing and maintaining ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Experience in delivery of CDM contracts
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive data
- Familiarity with health and safety regulations
- Ability to work flexibly
- Hold a full driving license
- Good IT skills
- Be able to communicate in a way which is appropriate to the audience and context
In return the successful candidate will be rewarded with an attractive salary package and long-term career prospects.